Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy ("Policy") sets out the terms applying as between you and Serveetcons (Serveetcons, Serveetcons.com, We Our, Us) under which you may access our Portal www.serveetcons.com (The Portal) and applies to all users of, and visitors to the Portal.
Your use of The Portal means that you accept, and agree to abide by this Policy, which supplements our Terms and Conditions of Use.
As this is a public Portal, the relevant agencies / trade associations may also have access to it. We are not and shall not be responsible for any action taken against you and/or your company or business by such agencies, trade associations, or the government as a result of listing/registering or not of your company /business with the Government or relevant agencies/associations.
You may use the Portal only for lawful purposes. You shall not use our Portal:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or intentionally attempting to harm minors or any other person in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of any unsolicited, or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, or any other form of similar solicitations (spam) or chain emails.
- To knowingly transmit any data, send, or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, or re-sell any part of The Portal in contravention of the provisions of our Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage, or disrupt:
- any part of The Portal
- any equipment or network on which The Portal is stored;
- any software used in the provision of The Portal; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
The Portal is an interactive Portal, as such you reserve the right to request to remove or challenge damaging or adverse reviews from users of your services.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our portal, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on The Portal, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standard, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, using our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this policy through your use of The Portal. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we reserve the right to take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms and Conditions of Use upon which you are permitted to use The Portal, and may result in our taking all, some, or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary, or permanent withdrawal of your right to use The Portal.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to The Portal.
- Issue a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you where necessary
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities where we reasonably feel it is necessary.
These content standards apply to any and all materials and/or information which you contribute to our site (Contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the letter and spirit of these standards. The standards apply to each part of the Contribution.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable laws in The Federal Republic of Nigeria and in any country you are viewing The Portal.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on tribe, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Harass, abuse, or harm another person;
- Send spam or other unwelcomed communications to others;
- Scrape or copy profiles and information of others through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work);
- Misrepresent your current or previous positions and qualifications;
- Misrepresent your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- Misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym;
- Create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person);
- Disclose information that you do not have the right to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- Violate intellectual property rights of others, including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- Manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or post transmitted through the Services;
- Create profiles or provide content that promotes escort services or prostitution.
- Creating or operate a pyramid scheme, fraud or other similar practices;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- Monitor the Services' availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Override any security feature of the Services;
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms); and/or
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Service;
Changes to the Policy
We may revise this policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.